Anxiety and headaches are a very common problem nowadays. They are “complementary” in many ways. Anxiety comes in many forms—panic attacks, phobia, and social anxiety—so the distinction between a disorder and “a normal anxiety” isn’t always clear.
Approximately one in ten people are paying a visit to the doctor because they are experiencing feelings of tension, anxiety or headaches.
But it is physical disturbance caused by anxiety that can be really intimidating. It can make you think that something with you is physically wrong, bringing you concerns that you are seriously ill.
So, the strong feeling that something terrible could happen (that is anxiety) brings on severe pains in your head and other actual physical discomfort.
A great number of people are using various pills and medications in order to fight anxiety. But who would tell that one of the best medicines for this problem can be a garden plant growing right in your backyard? Its vivid purple color and the extraordinary scent can bring joy to every home!
This miracle plant is lavender! It is a wonderful garden plant or bush with bunches of purple flowers with a sweet smell.
- are used as an antiseptic and antispasmodic (for pain associated with rheumatism – mixed with alcohol) and as a remedy against various infections of the throat and pharynx.
- alleviates migraine and headaches, palpitations, neurasthenia and pains in the gastrointestinal system.
- destroys streptococci (Streptococcus albus) and others pathogens.
- Put 5-10 drops of lavender oil on a sugar cube, to sooth agitation, heart aches and pains, depression, rush of blood in the head, as well as to prevent dizziness (vertigo).
In order to fully take advantage of the potential curative power of this aromatic plant, you can make this really easy home-made recipe:
HOME-MADE LAVENDER LEMONADE
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of honey
- 3 tablespoons of dried lavender flowers
- 2 cups of lemon juice
- 4 or more cups of water, according to taste
1. First you need to make lavender syrup. In a small pot heat two cups of water and dissolve the cup of sugar in it. The sugared water needs to boil while stirring it gently so that all of the sugar fully dissolves.
2. Remove the mixture from the stove top and leave it to cool slightly. After it has cooled, put the honey and the lavender flowers into the mixture. Cover and let stand for 10-15 minutes.
3. Finally, drain the lavender syrup.
Dilute the syrup with water to taste and add the lemon juice. Mix well and leave in fridge to cool. This refreshing drink is best served chilled, preferably with ice cubes.
Now you see that the lavender syrup is easy to make. It can be added to fruit drinks such as lemonade, cocktails, champagne, vodka or cakes because its aromatic sweetness is a healthier substitute for plane sugar. However, if you get carried away, and put too much lavender syrup in beverages, it can disturb the natural aroma of the beverage or the cake.
Syrups like this one are the best alternative to the industrial fizzy drinks and juices we buy in supermarkets because they offer natural health! Join the club! Enjoy the refreshing experience of the fragrant lavender with the rest of us (via DietOfLife).